The Jasper Information Centre a truly historic site, was build in 1914, and is located on the main road. It was used to house the park superintendent and the park administration offices, and has always been a focus point for the tourists.
In the past it also housed a fish hatchery and a Library. The house was build out of rocks and local logs to suit the setting, it became a model of rustic design for other national parks.
Jasper Park was named after a fur trading post in the area called Jasper House, which was named after Jasper Hawse, who managed this post in the early 1800s.